Week 2

Hola Amigos!
This week has been amazing as my jet lag has mostly cleared up and I am eating a whole lot of food now without feeling sick. Still tired in the morning but that's just how I am. This was our last week of school before the Christmas break which is two weeks and then officially on holiday (woo!)

On Monday I had to wake up at 6am to go to church with my host family and I was super tired and basically, it was a lot of standing and singing (I didn't) and it was a good experience. School was fun first I had H&G (history and geography) where we talked about the industrial revolution and anarchism and Marxism then I had Religion and we made paper snowflakes. After we had option which for me is drama and we did the most hilarious performance where my group did this fake family dinner with all the weird family stereotypes and I was the grandpa who was fed up with everyone and then dramatically choked and dies. Then we had a break which involves eating and talking but on Monday we actually sat in the science lab and watched some experiments done by some science teachers. Then we had English which was focusing on future tenses and then Biology in which we did Karyotypes and then finally Math which we are doing Polynomials.

On Tuesday I didn't wake up to go to church but instead, I chose just to get ready super slowly. We had school and as per usual it was great everyone was nice and because I'm not writing this on Tuesday I have completely forgotten what classes and what order I had them in. After school, we went shopping for our secret Santa presents which I got mine a Drawing pad and some cool drawing supplies. Then we went home and I did some studying of Karyotypes (Chromosome ordering)

On Wednesday I woke up really late and had to get ready super quickly. We had English first and in that we are doing CV's and I found out you can't get a job here until 18ish. Then we had Biology but instead of doing classes we were actually just setting up the classroom for the Christmas decoration judgment (more about that later) then we had C&P (chemistry and physics) where we were also just set up the classroom. Break was normal just ate my sandwich and Huesitos and hung out with the girls. Then we did secret Santa in which I received a cute box filled with snacks and a cute notebook and mini snow globe (gracias Vanessa) Then we had PE but instead of doing that we were showing and explaining experiments to younger kids which were super fun. Then we had Spanish and Homeroom which was us preparing a dance for the markers of the Christmas decorations contest.

At my school in Santomera, they do a Christmas decorating competition (no clue what the prize is) but since I started last week we have spent many classes making decorations for it. On Wednesday was the day we got judged on it all and I think we did amazing. We even performed a dance for the markers (I might be able to insert it at the bottom). Our class was decorated amazingly with all the wonderful artists that we have in the class. The dance was a mash-up of TikTok dances to Christmas music and it was hilarious.

On Thursday, It was our last full day of school and we didn't really do a lot of work. Firstly we had C&P which was acid names and stuff then we Drama which was just us talking and then Maths which was us doing karaoke and watching videos. Then Break which was when my friends were studying for the exam for the history exam after lunch. Instead of Spanish we helped with science experiments and then we did a spelling bee in English and I spelt rhythm incorrectly (oops!) it was quite funny.

Friday was the last day of school until 2020 and it was a half-day filled with activities. These activities involved karaoke and a literal dance party in one of the classrooms which involved strobe lights and it was very loud and you could hear the music from outside the building. Lastly, we had a small prize giving for a few things one of which was the Christmas decorating competition which we won(woo!) so happy because all of my classmates put so much effort in. We finished school at 12:30 and after we went to my Host grandmas house for lunch and then we went home and then I went to watch my host sisters swimming practice.

Saturday - I slept in and then had churros con chocolate for breakfast (que riquísimo!) then we cleaned the house with the vacuum cleaner and other cleaning products and they seem to do this every Saturday morning. Then I got them to try Jaffas which they are liked and they taught me this new game called Rummy which is super fun. Then we went to Lucia's house for lunch and before we played Wii Party and ate chips. For lunch we had paella and that was super yummy. After we walked to my host Abuelas house to make cookies. They made so many cookies that to make the mixture they mixed by hand in a bucket.

Sunday - I did not get to sleep in because we were going on a walk-up Picos del Aguila which was a fully uphill walk with an unstable and rocky path. We walked up to it with direct sunlight and 25-degree weather and I just about died. We were walking up to put the Mary. Joseph and Baby Jesus in a cave at the top. The photos I got were super nice and the walk down was good (other than blisters and a rolled ankle) but I think that the walk up was a bit too much for me to want to do it again. Then after we had lunch with my other host Abuela and then it was time to go to a family evening (mums cousins) and can I say they were so nice and hilarious to be around. We sang karaoke and ate dinner and they were all so much fun to be around and also there was a little kid called Lucas and he was the most adorable little thing ever.

This week has been amazing and I cannot wait to do more and now I'm on holiday it will be exciting to see what it is like and who I will meet next. Another reminder that if this blog has incorrect spelling or grammar just ignore it I am supposed to be learning Spanish not correcting my English. I am finishing this off at 12;30 at night so I'm just gonna leave it as it is but thanks for reading and see ya next week. Adios!

Me on the mountain explaining I won't fall off a cliff trying to take a photo
Rolling out the cookie dough (Paco, Me, Host Father, Elena)
 Christmas decorations on the Main Street in Santomera
 The Church on Monday morning
4 ESO B (my core class) Luv y'all 
 Me mixing dough in a basket with my hands
Two of my host sisters and Paco
 The sky in Santomera is so pretty all the time
My host sisters and I taking a selfie after resting after the hike up and in the background, you can see the cave which we hiked up too

Comments

  1. Loving your blog darling. The weather for your climb looked fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts