Week 3 - Happy Holidays!

Hola Chicos!
This week has been amazing it was my first week of holidays and it meant a lot of sleeping in and just generally enjoying being in Spain and trying to learn as much as possible and cherish the time I have here. I quickly want to talk about Spanish food and just the fact here their Weetbix is actually called Weetabix and it is rounded not square also they have marmite but it's not made by sanitarium it's the British version (had to say this cause it blows my mind that they are so similar yet so different) and now my recap of my week. Enjoy!

Monday - Today was not super busy I slept in and then had breakfast then I played Rummy with Elena and then my host sisters and I went to the supermarket so that I could buy shampoo and conditioner and Cheetos. Then we went to watch Marta's dance practise and after we went to drop my host sisters off at swimming while I went to the mall with my host parents. Afterwards, they took me and my host sisters on a tour of Orihuela (a neighbouring town) and it was so pretty and had so many magnificent churches.

Tuesday - Christmas Eve was today and it was not busy day either we had lunch with my host mums close family and then we went to Murcia (the main city) for a bit to look at the lights. Then we went for dinner at my host Abuela's house and then I called my dad for the first time and talked with him and showed him, my host family. Then I was tired and so I just went to bed but before then I opened my present from my dad which was two really cool t-shirts (thanks dad I love them!)

Wednesday - Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! or in Spain FELIZ NAVIDAD today was good we went to all of the families houses in Santomera to wish them Merry Christmas and it was just a lot of doing many things today. Then the afternoon was spent at my other Abuela's house for lunch and me and my host sisters and their cousin we just sat and watched TV for a solid 2 hours. After Marta and I stayed home and ate Cheetos and watched Jumanji while the family went to Murcia. Then we played games and ate dinner and then I also called my mum and it was really nice to talk to her and my granny.

Thursday - Boxing Day, so turns out Boxing Day isn't a thing here. Anyway this morning we went to eat churros at a famous cafe called Valor and it was delicious. after we went to get Martas hair cut for charity and now she has the cutest bob and it reminds me of when I cut off most of my hair when I was 10. After we went for lunch with some friends of the family and we had the most delicious pizza and chips and then we had fro yo which wasn't actually that nice cause it tasted weird. Then we came back to Santomera where we went to Lucia's house and played Wii for a few hours. After we walked around Santomera to show Marta's family and friends her new haircut and then we had dinner.

Friday - Surprise! I slept in but til like 12 (it was fine cause I stayed up late that night anyway) had breakfast and then they had family friends over. First, we went and dropped Paco off at Daycare and then we came back to the house where we had lunch which was Paella and then we just played around for a long time and I made a new friend called Belén and she is so cute and she is the only person to talk to me in Spanish and not care at all that I don't speak it and it meant that I had more of an opportunity to practise my Spanish on her and also to play with her which was fun as I love kids. Then we walked for 4km for PE (no clue why but apparently I have to) Dinner was at my Abuela's house and I had pan pizza which is always delicious. Later I video chatted my friend which is always fun while my cousin Paco raced around the room singing the Real Madrid song.

Saturday - Sleeping in again because the holidays only last so long and I want to make the most of it. The morning was my host sisters and me home alone and us doing homework and just chilling out. Lunch at grandmas which is always delicious and then later we visited a human nativity scene which was really cool. Then dinner was with some friends of the family that I met on Thursday and who are super nice and hilarious to be around. We ate Pizza and Grilled Cheese and Salad for dinner and then I wrote names of some NZ towns on the chalkboard and asked them to pronounce them and wow was it funny and they got some of them majorly wrong but then they wrote some words in Spanish and it was my turn to embarrass myself.

Sunday - Today I had to actually get up in the morning to go cave crawling in a place near Alicante it was super cool and I enjoyed it so much then we had lunch and then walked around the village for a while and even looked at the Bullring they had which isn't used for bullfighting anymore but it's still super cool. On the drive back I had a nap and by the time we got home it was dark and so we had dinner and then I watched some Netflix and texted a friend of mine. After I just went upstairs to chat with Marta and then go to sleep.

Thank you for reading this weeks entry I can't wait for next week and the start of 2020. I hope whoever reading this is having an amazing day. Once again I shall remind you that I am learning Spanish not perfecting my English so please ignore any and all spelling or grammar mistakes. Luv Ya!
 Beautiful mountains where we went cave crawling
Mara, Lucia, Irene and I sitting on a bench near the bullring 
 My host family and I (without my host father cause he took the pic) in front of the main cathedral in Murcia
 It was super foggy on the car ride to the caves 
 My host sisters and I being silly while playing rummy
 Marta just after she got her hair cut (we had some fun playing around with snapchat filters)
 Crazy selfie after we had pizza in Murcia (ft. one of the shirts from my dad)
 The town we spent a good two or three hours walking around
 Spain is really just so beautiful 
 A panorama of the bullring
Me, Lucia and Marta (Luv you guys)

Comments

  1. This sounds like so much fun im so happy you are enjoying it, say hi to yur host family from me. xx Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week you’ve had darling. New Year’s Eve here at Rotoiti tonight. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts