Week 12 - Final Week :(

Hola Todos!
I have been really busy and never posted about my final week in Spain so I thought I would quickly do it now because the New Zealand nationwide quarantine isn't exactly providing me with much to do. So this post goes a bit longer because it is my last week and I wanted to cover my three-day trip back as well so instead of recounting 7 days I am recounting 10 days.

Monday (Lunes) - As per usual I woke up and went to school. In history we did Europe's colonisation of the world then in Religion we had to presentations and we did ours on Nelson Mandela and I had to get up in front of the class and present but there weren't many complex words so I managed to get through it. In Drama, we just talked and I zoned out and then we had break and after we had English and then in Biology class I practised grammar while the students had to do presentations on CRISPR and lastly Math where we did Trig. After school I only really did Homework.

Tuesday (Martes)  - We had a Drama Trip where we went to see a really funny play in Torrevieja which was slightly inappropriate but it was super fun and after we got to walk around Torrevieja and mess around so that was really fun.

Wednesday (Miércoles) - I really didn't do a lot we went to school and I had a lot of Math work from back home that I put off so I did that in almost every class except PE where we got to play Spanish dodgeball (like my first day back in December) and so that was probably the highlight of the day.

Thursday (Jueves)  - In Chemistry, I did more math work (It never ends) then in Drama we talked about the Trip to see the play on Tuesday. In Math I did more math work and then in History we did more on colonisation and in Spanish, I basically was messing around with Lucia and in English, we had a speaking class so just a lot of talking. After school, we went to Nueva Condomina with Marta (Marta and Lucias English tutor) and we had burgers for lunch and then we went back to her apartment and I did Spanish work and then we went home and I did some homework.

Friday (Viernes) - Last day of Spanish School! Firstly I had religion class they were doing more presentations and then in Math and Chemistry, I did math work from home. In PE we did badminton and then I don't remember what I did in history or Spanish. After school, I had lunch with all my school friends and it was so saddening to say goodbye to them. Then I went into Murcia with my Local Coordinator Reyes and her host daughter (from New Zealand and also called Isabel) and we met with all the other exchange students in my area (whom I had never met and it was a bit late since I left in two days) and we all spoke to Reyes and then she let us hang out in Murcia and they were all really cool and I'm really sad I didn't know about them early.

Saturday (Sábado) - I spent almost all of Saturday packing and I had a bit of meltdown because I was so stressed about leaving and making sure my luggage wasn't overweight. My shopping addiction while I was there was not good and made my bag way to heavy so we ended up having to send all my clothes back in a box. And all of the family came around for dinner and it was so good to see them all before leaving and I would miss them a whole bunch and I still do :( 

Sunday (Domingo) - Today I had to take the train to Barcelona at 9:30am so I woke up got everything downstairs and they took me to the train station and it made me really sad to say goodbye but at this point, I just wanted to get home and back to my friends and family. The train was around 7 hours and it really hurt to sit down for that long and then the interhispania representative took me to the airport where I met up with Sam who I would be flying to Dubai with and who I had briefly met when we both arrived in Spain in early December. We had about 5 hours in the airport so we got burger king and grabbed snacks and we played on my Nintendo Switch while I talked until he was sick of me (sorry Sam haha) Then we got on our flight at around 11pm at night.

Monday (Lunes) - We arrived in Dubai in their morning and we went through the security check and we met up with Anna who I flew to Auckland with. We then had to take a bus with a really shitty driver all the way to the other terminal which was quite far away. Then we boarded our respective planes and we started the final leg of our journey. I was lucky that I sat to these two nice Spanish ladies who were going on a tour of New Zealand so I got in my last little bit of Spanish practice before going to sleep.

Tuesday (Martes) - I arrived in New Zealand at 11am Tuesday morning and I was absolutely exhausted because I don't sleep well on planes. Anna and I went through customs and got our bags and then we went through and got to see our families for the first time.

Sorry for the long post but it was necessary to get all the info out there. I will recap on my Spanish exchange in my last post. Thanks for reading!

 The view from the boardwalk in Torrevieja
 Burgers and Nachos w/ Marta, Marta and Lucia
 Messing around making TikTok's after my last day of school
 All the sisters (miss you)
 The box of clothes (oops)
 Train Pics
 Plane pics
 Pic with my drama class on the Torrevieja boardwalk
Plane pic 

Comments

Popular Posts