Week 4 - Happy New Year!

Hola Muchachos!

Monday - Not much actually happened we constructed the costumes for the fun run on new years eve and I chatted to a friend of mine. I was tired and didn't really have the energy to do much. But overall it wasn't a bad day.

Tuesday - Happy New Years Eve! This day was extremely hectic. I had to be woken up in the morning so that we could walk up the mountain again to retrieve the nativity set from up there and also to have lunch. Yet again the walk was hard on the way up but the walk down was super easy. Then later we had a seven-kilometre fun run which was super hard as I am not in shape and my host family and I dressed up as the Stuart club which are mice (still don't really know what it is). We crossed the starting line for the race at 2mins 32sec and I managed to finish the full 7km in 49 mins and 5 secs which I am super proud of. Later we came back to the house and I showered and we had some friends over for new years eve and for dinner, we had spaghetti bolognese and then we sat in the tv room and watched tv and youtube til 11 and then we prepped the twelve grapes for midnight (tradition in Spain) and then we watched the tv intently waiting for the last few minutes of 2019 to turn into the first few minutes of 2020. Then we ate 12 grapes in the last 12 seconds of 2019 to give you good luck for every month of 2020. Then after we listened to some music and danced and then it was bedtime and I was exhausted.

Wednesday - Happy new years day! Today I slept until 12 cause I was super tired and when I did get out of my warm bed my legs and some muscles in my back hurt cause of all the exercise I did the day before and when I got out of bed (which takes a while) it was already time to have lunch and then I watched some Netflix with my sister and after I went to Murcia with Lucia and her mum and dad and Marta and we went to watch a light show. After we had crepes and then walked around the town for a while to see the Christmas decorations. While walking around we came across a dude doing a magic trick of getting out of these chains locked around him and it was super funny cause it was him jumping and grunting to get the chains off and there was a quite big crowd watching him. Then we had Burger King for dinner and when I got home I talked to the family for a bit and then just went to sleep.

Thursday - Today was one of my favourite days. I slept in till 10 (which is very early for me) and had breakfast and then we had a snack at Martas (Marta and Lucias English tutor) house and then we played kahoots in Spanish and English. Then when we got home we had lunch and after I got some time to chill and watch Netflix and budget for the rest of my time here in Spain. For dinner, we went out with friends to have these chips with shredded chicken and tsaki type sauce. After we went to get ice cream and then we went and played around in the park and one of the guys had these little fireworks and they made a really loud bang.

Friday - Today was chill I slept in and then had a shower and talked to a friend. Had lunch which was yum and then played kahoots with my host sisters for the next 2 hours and then they went out to a work function with my host dad meanwhile I stayed home and did some vocab and tense revision for Spanish. After we went out for dinner which was pizza and it was super yummy and we went out with some family friends and their kids (Pablo and Silvia) after we ate we played tag and other games outside. Then we went back to the house and we played games and messed around downstairs for a while and then I was tired and after they left I went to bed.

Saturday - We went to lunch with grandmas friends and went to the park and took some cool photos then we went to get a shirt for Marta and Lucia for their parade on Sunday after we went to Lucia’s little cousin's house and played with him. What was also super fun was that we had dinner with mums cousins and siblings and I got to see Lucas who is the most adorable thing in the world and then we went home and I went to bed.

Sunday - We went to lunch at grandmas house and I played soccer with Elena and then I went shopping with my sisters. Then we walked to other grandmas house to watch a movie and then we went to watch the three wise men parade and it was epic and Marta and Lucia danced in it and they did an amazing job. And we had another family dinner and I got my first present from the three wise men (cool notebook and pen) and then we went home early cause Marta had a headache.

This week has been mostly uneventful but the next few weeks are going to be pretty busy with school and the upcoming Interhispania Madrid Trip, El dia de Reyes, NCEA results coming out and my 16th birthday so I hope to enjoy all of those as they come. Hope you are having an amazing day and that you are enjoying the New Year (despite the imminent threat of World War 3) and as per usual ignore all English mistakes as I am learning Spanish not English. See ya next time!

Mountain Part 2
Marta, Lucia and me with the tree in Murcia
 Waffles, Crepes and Milkshakes in Murcia
 Our costumes before the 7km run
 Me and Irene at the playground
The 12 grapes fro midnight (slightly crazy cause its 11;51 and I have walked up a mountain and run 7km that day and I'm tired)

Comments

  1. It's so great that you're enjoying yourself! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts