Week 7 - ITS MA BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hola a Todos,

Monday - Happy 16th birthday to me!!!! On Monday I turned 16 and it was an amazing day. The weather was amazing it was raining and there was so much lightning and thunder and I loved it sooooooo much. It was the day after I had arrived back from Madrid and I was super fricking tired but I still had to go to school and sit through my class singing me happy birthday what seemed like a million times. After school, we went to get Chinese food for lunch which was not as good as Chinese food in NZ but it was still pretty good. Then Flowers and balloons arrived from my family back in NZ (thanks guys!) and then I opened my presents. Fluffy PJ's with snoopy on them from my host abuelos, a sweater, a book and a pencil case from my host family, cool earrings from my host aunt and earrings and a necklace from my mum which I picked out before my trip. Then that afternoon because the weather was not ideal for other activities we just chilled at home and I talked to my family back in NZ. Then Lucia came over for dinner.

Tuesday - It was pretty ordinary we went to school and the weather was still very rainy with lots of thunder and lightning which I was very much enjoying to Martas despise. After school, I didn't do a lot so I just chilled at home upstairs but little did I know that my host sister was actually planning something. My host sister then came upstairs to ask me to come to help her get the washing from the basement and I happily complied because I wanted to be helpful but as we were walking down she fell down the stairs and bruised her leg it was quite funny actually. Then as we were collecting the laundry I heard other voices and I was very confused as to who was in the other room in the basement and then I realized they were the voices of my friends. I looked over to Marta to see her smirking at me and she said "can you grab something from in there" she pointed to the room with closed doors from which the voices came from. I knew straight away what was happening and I just sat down in the floor if the garage and refused. She then proceeded to drag me over to the door and then open it and all my friends rushed out to say surprise. They had planned a surprise party. It was a very fun night we had pizza and other junk food and we played around in the garage but because it was a school night we had to end the night quite early.

Wednesday - School was super exciting because after we had to drop my sister off at swimming which means I could finally go buy my birthday present to myself which was a Nintendo switch (which I had budgeted my entire trip so I could buy it). I was very excited for this as I love Nintendo consoles and had wanted a switch for the longest time. We went to the mall by the swimming pool but it turned out they had no Nintendo switches but because we had a lot of time we drove 20misn to Nueva Condomina to buy it and it was one of the best purchases ever. That night my host family and I played Mario kart together on the TV.

Thursday - It was a really good day. Woke up early went to school where we only had three classes because after break we were going to see a traditional Spanish play. It was quite strange to watch and I kinda fell asleep in some parts but then the character on stage would start yelling and it woke me straight back up again. then not much happened after school and it was just an overall chill day.

Friday - Friday was activity day for Santa Tomas which meant half of the day was classes and the other half was in costume for a fundraiser for Australian fires where we had to walk/run around a course as many times as possible. It was very fun and enjoyed hanging out with all the people in my class and singing songs as we paraded around the school and nearby streets. We dressed up as bikers and think we looked pretty cool and we won a prize for Best dressed (I think I didn't really understand I was just going with the flow)

Saturday - Cause its the weekend I slept in quite late and then had breakfast (churros!) and then got ready for the day and then had lunch with my host family and other host grandmother. Then I spent the entire afternoon teaching my host sister Marta chemistry in Spanish it was quite hard but I really enjoy teaching others and so it wasn't much harder to do it in Spanish. It was kinda hard cause obviously Spanish isn't my first language but with my knowledge of numbers and my list of the first 100 element in Spanish, I managed to teach her most of what she needed to know for her exam the following week.

Sunday - As per usual I slept in and then I had a quick breakfast as we had to leave to go to the beach straight after. We drove about 40min to where my host families beach house is to meet up with their neighbours to have lunch. They were super nice and their daughter Maria was super cool and spoke amazing English. For lunch, we went to a German restaurant and they serve meter long sausages which were yummy but a very strange concept. Then we went down to the beach where I proceeded to take photos of the girls (two of my host sister and maria) and hardly any of myself. I quite like taking photos and I know how to make them look good. Then we drive home and we had pizza for dinner and then we went upstairs to chill and then go to bed.

Thank you for reading this weeks post! I hope you are having an amazing day and excuse all grammatical or spelling mistakes yet again I am learning Spanish, not perfecting my English. Stay Safe and See ya next time!
The beach still looks stunning in Winter
 Maria, Marta, Irene (wearing my jacket) and Me at the german bar
 After eating at my surprise party
 My class during our walk
 Our class posing with our history teacher who dressed up as a cow
Anna and me at my party (braces buddies) 
 The flowers and balloons my family sent me
 Me and some of the girls from my class looking badass
Lucia photobombing me and Ana

Comments

Popular Posts