Week 5 - Back to School

Buenos Dias!

Monday - Feliz dia de Reyes - Basically Monday was the Spanish Christmas and it was a fun day. I was woken up by my sisters at around 9am to open presents from the three wise men. I got a super cute diary and these cool reindeer socks. Then we went to my aunt's house to eat cake for breakfast and to play with my little cousin while waiting for my host abuelos to arrive so that we could open presents. When they arrived all the presents were opened and I got a bracelet and two white jumpers then we went home and then we walked to get Chinese food for lunch. Then we played kahoots and Wii for a solid 3 hours. People came and went to give presents and I got a cute pair of earrings. After that, I talked to some friends and my dad. Then for dinner, we had sandwiches and then I had a shower, talked to Marta and then went to bed.

Tuesday - First day back at school and it was very sad to have to wake up in the morning and actually get out of my warm bed. Ate breakfast and walked to school. Firstly we had Maths and man do I hate doing synthetic division. Secondly, we had English which was us talking about the different holidays that we celebrated in the past two weeks and I had to spell out some Spanish words in front of the class in Spanish (eek) only got one word wrong though. Then we had Spanish which is like English class (back in NZ) and it's always interesting to see how similar and different some things are between Spanish and English language. Then we had recreo (break) and after we had drama which is always fun. Next, we had biology which is easy cause at the moment they are doing stuff about chromosomes which is something I know and the vocab is quite similar. Lastly, we History which is us talking about the new unit we are starting. After school we had lunch at my abuelas house and then went home and did some homework and messed around then we went to buy some lollies and highlighters. After went home and did some random stuff and then had dinner and went to bed. Also got my train ticket for my Madrid Trip next week and I am so excited.

Wednesday - Woke up this morning and it was 2 degrees so that was fun to walk to school in. Today at school I had English, Biology, Physics then break and after Spanish, PE and tutor class. As per usual we went to my abuelas house after school for lunch. Then I went to Murcia with my host sister where she got her braces off. Then we went to drop my sisters off at swimming and I went shopping and bought a new coat and some t-shirts.

Thursday - School today was good I had Chemistry and Physics, Drama, Maths, History, Spanish and then English. After school, we had lunch and my grandmas house and then we went home and did homework there really wasn't a lot that happened.

Friday - When I woke up I was super tired and the first three classes (religion, math, chemistry) I was basically sleeping with my eyes open. Then after break, we had PE which was badminton and I really enjoy playing and then we had History and then Spanish. After school, we walked home to my host families house and has soup and lasagna for lunch. Then I spent the afternoon relaxing as it has been a long week and I was really tired. Then we had burgers for dinner and then my host family I had a really cool convo in Spanish about New Zealand and my trip to Madrid next week. Then I got them to try Pienaplle lumps and I had them guess the flavour and it took them 5 mins to guess right (it was great) then we played Wii and then we went to bed cause it was late.

Saturday - Today was chaotic but one of the best days. I woke up in the morning and had breakfast with my family and then Marta, Lucia and I went to Nueva Condamina which is a huge mall just outside of Murcia. We went there to surprise our friend Lucia (a different person to the Lucia I came with) and we spent the time there hanging out we ate and we went shopping. Then after Marta, Lucia and I went to a football game (my first in Europe) and it was an amazing experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The energy was insane because the watched Real Murcia play Leagnés on the Real Murcia home turf. Then after we bused to Murcia so that I could meet Carter (another exchange student who I am going to Madrid with) and it was quite fun we walked around and I probably talked his ear off just because I hadn't had a proper convo in English in a long time. Then we came home and it was late so we went to bed.

Sunday - Today was pretty chill as I slept in cause I was up really late. Then I had breakfast and then I had a shower. After I had lunch and then I did math homework and watched some Netflix. I didn't really do a lot but I was just relaxing as I have a busy week ahead.

So this coming week is really exciting fo me as I am going on a trip to Madrid with Interhispania and then next Monday is my 16th birthday and this week school exam results come out and I am really hoping that my hard work paid off. Little reminder ignore any and all spelling or grammar mistakes because I am learning Spanish not perfecting my English. And I will see you all again on my last day of being 15.
The sunsets here are so pretty
Lucia, Marta and I before the football game started
 The Nueva Condomina Stadium
 My favourite Spanish soup (which I can never remember the name of)
The traditional Dia de Reyes cake

Comments

Popular Posts