Week 6 - MADRID!!!

Hola!!!!

Monday - Today it was painful to wake up just because I wanted to sleep in. It was also super cold on the walk to school. We had History, Religion, Drama, Break, English, Biology and Maths. After school, we went to my abuelas for lunch and then we went home and I did homework and watched Netflix while anxiously checking the NZQA website for my results. My exam results were pretty good and I was happy with them and overall it wasn't such a bad effort. 2 days til Madrid!!! eeeekkk

I honestly don't remember what happened on Tuesday or Wednesday cause I forgot to write about it and then I didn't bring my computer to Madrid so now I'm writing all of this on Sunday (whoops!)

Thursday - Madrid Day!! No school it was time to leave for my Madrid trip. Early in the morning, we went to the train station and I met up with carter take the 4 and a bit hour train to Madrid from Murcia. It was a super long train ride as I didn't have a window seat so I couldn't lean on anything to sleep on. When we arrived Carter and I basically got lost in the train station but Jorge eventually found us and took us to wait for some other students. Then from there, we took another train to get to the centre of Madrid where the hostel we were staying at was located. After we arrived at the hostel we met up with the other students staying in Madrid. Then we went to have lunch at a buffet restaurant. After we went on a walk around Madrid where we visited a park and a few different plazas. We were then given free time where I went back to the hostel and chilled as I wasn't feeling well I skipped dinner and decided to just rest instead.

Friday - We woke up and had breakfast at the hostel. Then we went to a museum to go to this Van Gogh art experience which was super cool. Then we had lunch after we had free time which I honestly don't remember what we did. That evening we went to see "El Rey Leon" (the lion king) and it was so cool and the costumes and everything made it an amazing experience. It was weird because it was all a mix of Swahili and Spanish but you get used to it after a while. I really enjoyed it and I feel very lucky to have gotten the experience. Dinner was at a buffet restaurant. After we had free time and we went to a dinner place to get milkshakes and after we went back to the hostel and talked in one of the hostel rooms and told horror stories and played games such as never have I ever. We went to sleep pretty late (oops!)

Saturday - Today, when we woke up the weather, was rainy but we still had to go see stuff and experience Madrid in all its gloriousness.  Firstly we had breakfast in the hostel and then we went to visit the Palacio Real and it had the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. I've never visited a palace before and it was amazing we had an amazing tour guide who spoke about the history of it and it was fascinating and I understood a lot of what she said (in Spanish) which I am quite proud of. Then we had lunch at yet again the buffet place. Then because the weather was bad we decided to go to the movies and we watched 1917 and after we split off and did the shopping and other stuff. Later we had dinner at the buffet place again and we walked around in the free time afterwards. That night was quite funny when we were just chilling in the hostel room (if you know you know)

Sunday - Sunday was leaving day and I was so sad to say goodbye to all the amazing and hilarious people I met while there. We had breakfast in the hostel and then we had to pack up and leave the hostel. Then we walked to the train to get to the train station. Then we waited around a whole because my train was originally supposed to leave at around 1 but we missed it so we had to wait till around 7 for the next train. Waiting 5 hours was not fun but when we finally got on the train I just slept the entire ride and made sure to have an alarm on so that I wouldn't miss my stop. Then my host dad picked me up and took me home.

This week was hectic but also amazing and I wouldn't miss it for the world special thanks to all the Madrid homies who were endlessly funny and amazing. Ignore spelling/grammar mistakes I am learning Spanish not perfecting English. As I write this it is actually my birthday so now I'm 16! but more about that next Sunday. Have an amazing week and I will see ya next time!

 The Madrid Squad
 Julia and I next to this huge panda in one of the main plazas
 The Stage before the lion king
 The Van Gogh Art Experience
 El Palacio Real (the coolest place ever)
 Milkshakes!!!!
Julia, Alyssia and I embarrassing ourselves in public (Luv yous)

Comments

  1. awww hehe I love this <3 miss you wifey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a week. Glad you enjoyed Madrid ... oooh ... and happy birthday xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts